Help Desk Support Services
HSO Innovation provides Help Desk Support Services for those who have purchased a Support Contract to address Customer and Partner questions and issues. These questions and issues are referred to as ‘Incidents’. Services of DYS with respect to support on Current Programs, Versions, Releases, maintenance and support services (help desk) contracts are:
- Provision during Service Hours of new Versions, Major Releases, Minor Releases, Maintenance Releases (bug fixes and/or hot fixes) and the related online documentation (including release notes, instructions);
- If an upgrade needs data conversions or scripts for conversion, DYS will make use of the standard tools provided by Microsoft and provide an instruction to convert. DYS will not repair or guarantee correct working of historical data;
- Assistance by telephone or internet or otherwise with respect to the software, including:
– Clarification of functions and features of the software (Limited, not meant as substitute for consulting services)
– Clarification of the documentation (Limited, not meant as substitute for consulting services)
Guidance in the operation of the software (Limited, not meant as substitute for consulting services)
– Error verification, analyses and correction by telephone and/or internet
– Provision of critical Incident support
- Registration of Service Incidents;
- Coordination and effort to complete the Incident and utilize available knowledge;
- Correspondence regarding Incident status and qualification;
- Solving the incident;
- DYS provides a written functional explanation on the error correction;
- If DYS classifies an Incident not being covered by this SOW, DYS will explain in writing.
Support for Expired Programs will not be provided under this SOW.
Support does not include pre-production releases of Software, such as alpha or beta site releases. If any preproduction releases of Software are provided, they are supplied strictly on an “AS-IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Projected release dates for any Software in any form are good faith estimates only, subject to revision by DYS.
Support does not include services requested as a result of, or with respect to, causes which DYS cannot reproduce on unmodified DYS Software. If and when available, these services will be billed to Partner at DYS’s then current rates. Causes which are not attributable to DYS include, but are not limited to, customizations and improper installation by Partner and/ or Customer (including third party customizers and installers hired by Partner or Customer) or Partner’s lack of compliance with Section 4 of Support Contract.
During regular Service Hours, Incidents can be reported, replied to, and solved. Regular Service Hours are from Monday to Friday, excluding holidays as observed by DYS between 8.30am and 5.00pm (Western European Standard Time). Inside and outside the Regular Service Hours, Incidents can be reported through DYS’s support-site. Replying to Incidents and solving Incidents is done during regular Service Hours.
Reported Incidents will be categorized by Partner. An Incident’s category determines its priority, and how fast DYS needs to respond. The category can be changed by DYS, in coordination with Partner. Ultimately, the complexity of an issue determines the time it takes to solve the Incident.
The live system of Customer has come to a halt and users are no longer able to process data, using the operational software.
A problem in the operational software which causes serious disruption of a major business function or an important business process can no longer be executed and cannot be (temporarily) solved by a workaround.
A non-critical problem during which Customer is able to continue running the system, with or without a workaround. Or, a problem in the operational software that does not fall into category A or B.
Response times and ambition on resolution times
- DYS will strive to respond to the Incidents, based on the categories.
- Category A: two (2) hours (within regular Service Hours)
- Category B: four (4) hours (within regular Service Hours)
- Category C: sixteen (16) hours (within regular Service Hours)
- DYS will strive after the following resolution times, based on the categories.
- Category A: two (2) days (within regular Service Hours)
- Category B: five (5) days (within regular Service Hours)
- Category C: fifteen (15) days (within regular Service Hours)
Incident Management (REMOTE)
The objective of Incident management is to correct a malfunction, in order to allow Partner or Partner’s Customer to continue its activities with minimal interruption.
- Search for a solution in the incident-database
- Fix the Incident, or implement a work-around
- Implement suggested settings
- Apply suggested patches
Problem Management (REMOTE)
Prevent the re-occurrence of known incidents, by eliminating the root cause.
Every month, DYS will report to Partner the Incidents and solutions provided. Based on this data, Partner has the possibility to adjust or improve certain processes.
As soon as an Incident is being reported and based on the category the service will begin. If there is a solution, this will be reported to the contact person of Partner. The solution is accepted when the contact person closed the Incident or approved the solution. An Incident will automatically be accepted and closed by DYS if contact person did not approve or reject the solution within 4 weeks after reporting the solution.