Microsoft Dynamics AX Support has ended. What Next?
Since its first release in 2002, Microsoft Dynamics AX has served as the foundation of many of our clients’ ERP systems. Microsoft ceased mainstream AX support for all versions in October 2021 as it placed greater emphasis on Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations. But what does that mean for businesses who aren’t yet prepared to switch from Microsoft Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, or don’t want to upgrade anytime soon?
HSO has your back
We want you to know that HSO has your back if you’re feeling pressured to upgrade or risk losing support. Our mission is to assist you in maximising the value of your Microsoft Dynamics AX investment now, while assisting you in developing a workable growth strategy and long-term plan. Our application administration and support services are fundamentally designed to ensure that your system is managed, updated and optimised, regardless of your platform, so you never have to worry.
Why continuing with Dynamics AX may be a good idea (for the time being)
You do not need to abandon using Dynamics AX just because Microsoft are no longer providing mainstream AX support. Here are some situations where delaying an upgrade might make sense.
• Dynamics AX satisfies your present business requirements and you have other support options available—internally, via a dependable partner, or a combination of the two.
• You have just migrated to AX, and therefore you’re not prepared financially or logistically for another upgrade (but you do need a support plan).
• Although you do intend to upgrade to Dynamics 365 Finance, you may not be ready to do so just yet. In this case, you may require interim support and services during the transition and upgrade.
Your Microsoft Dynamics AX Support Options
Supporting your ERP system is crucial because it is a mission-critical component of your company. What options do you have to ensure your business users and processes are supported? And that your own resources can focus on your business goals and ensure the ERP solution they need day-to-day runs seamlessly? Area to include are User Assistance, IT escalation, monitoring, SQL, Infrastructure, and continual optimisation of the solution
If you plan to rely on your IT team alone, you need to ask yourself a few questions.
- Will you be able to fulfil all your AX support needs without external assistance?
- Do you have the bandwidth and skills to tackle the additional workload?
- Can your internal team provide the strategic guidance needed to prepare for the future?
- Will you be able to retain your AX resources on outdated solutions?
And, of course……
- Wouldn’t you rather have your IT team focused on other things?
3rd Party Partner
If you have an existing service and support partner for Dynamics AX, now is a good time to evaluate them. Are they giving you enough time and attention? Will they be able to keep up with your expanding needs without Microsoft’s help in the background? Do they have a proven record of providing Support for unsupported solutions such as AX4 and AX2009? Can they support you through a major upgrade when you decide to migrate to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations?
HSO’s support services are adapted to your needs and go far beyond break-fix assistance, regardless of your present AX support strategy.
We go the extra mile to:
– Work with and train your IT team, without the burden of adding new FTE overhead
– Act as an extension of your existing Dynamics team
– Provide proactive and reactive support from solution and industry experts
– Create product road maps and schedules that work for your business
– Plan for upgrades and new benefits, both short- and long-term
– Allow you to continue using the following Dynamics versions: Axapta 4.0 AX 2009, Dynamics AX 2012 / AX 2012 R3
Support can be covered via blocks of hours via an HSO Essentials Agreement, or alternatively an HSO Advanced Support Agreement with incidents and unlimited hours to resolve reported issues.
You’re in safe hands with HSO
While there is immediate demand to plan your Microsoft Dynamics AX support route, there is no immediate rush to upgrade. You can depend on HSO’s Microsoft Dynamics and industry experts, plus our AX application and technical management services, to ensure you are running efficiently all day, every day.
HSO has its Dynamics AX 2012 Customers covered
When Microsoft announced its Making Tax Digital (MTD) solution for Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation in 2019, our current AX 2012 support customers did not have access to the features, therefore HSO developed a solution to make the necessary HMRC reporting possible. We continue to collaborate to offer Dynamics AX updates and support, so that our customers are always taken care of.
Contact us to find out how we can support you.