Convergence 2013: Key Dynamics AX R3 takeaways for retail
Microsoft, including the Managing Director for Dynamics, Derek Flynn and Head of Dynamics across EMEA, Julian Johnson, spent 3 days taking 3,000 Dynamics AX partners, prospects and customers through the latest roadmap updates, ready for the R3 launch in Q1 next year.
Considerable time was spent consolidating feedback that will help refine and direct the Dynamics AX roadmap to ensure that retailers and fashion brands benefit from the continued investments made into the Dynamics ERP solution.
Key takeaways from the event include:
- There continues to be a huge investment of R&D into the R3 product due for launch in Q1 next year
- Dynamics AX will come pre-loaded with an out of the box fashion build, meaning reduced bespoke development and further reduced project and implementation cost
- Fashion retailers will also like the fact that ‘selling’ kits come as part of the ERP, and can be variable depending on how you engage with your customers
- For fashion, the kits could be used to create specific design looks e.g. choose a scarf, plus hat, plus jeans, etc.. They will enable customers to define products by size and colour, allow products to be changed or substituted
- The kits could also be primed for B2C and B2B for both consumer and wholesale brands
- The new Dynamics AX R3 will also allow fashion retailers to promote offers via social media, growing stronger customer engagement.
- Dynamics AX R3 also sees massive improvements in enabling customer centric delivered services such as:
- Providing customer targeted offers and promotions
- Allow you to succinctly track customer buying behaviour and align sales strategies accordingly
- Supporting the call centre
HSO Retail were joined by several fashion brands and leading retail businesses looking to get themselves ahead of the competition. If you’d like to know more about the upcoming updates and how Dynamics AX can help support your retail or fashion business, contact a member of the team.