Convergence 2013: Key Dynamics AX R3 takeaways for Oil & Gas
Microsoft, including the Managing Director for Dynamics, Derek Flynn and Head of Dynamics across EMEA, Julian Johnson, spent 3 days taking 3,000 Dynamics AX partners, prospects and customers through the latest roadmap updates, ready for the R3 launch in Q1 next year.
Considerable time was spent consolidating feedback that will serve to help refine and direct the Dynamics AX roadmap and the continued investment into the ERP solution.
Key takeaways from the event include:
- There continues to be a huge investment of R&D into the R3 product due for launch in Q1 next year, with considerable emphasis on the Oil & Gas supply chain
- Dynamics AX R3 will come pre-loaded with out of the box supply chain management tools, meaning reduced bespoke development and further reduced project and implementation cost
- The new Dynamics AX R3 will also allow Oil & Gas organisations to grow a stronger customer engagement process via social media.
- Dynamics AX R3 also sees massive improvements in enabling customer centric delivered services such as:
- Providing customer targeted offers and promotions
- Allow you to succinctly track customer buying behaviour and align sales strategies accordingly
- Supporting the call centre
HSO continues to focus on Subsea and ETO, CTO manufacturing operations, and Microsoft Dynamics AX R3 brings functionality that supports and underpins the container management and logistics elements as standard and simplifies our offering in these areas. If you’d like to know more about the upcoming updates and how Dynamics AX can help support your Oil & Gas, equipment rental, manufacturing or servicing business,contact a member of the team.