As businesses grow, the systems and infrastructure that underpin operations may begin to creak under the pressure of greater volume and workload demand. For example, a simple stock management system used by a retailer will become practically obsolete when the business grows from 5 to 35 stores.
It is at this point of growth that organisations generally look to upgrade or introduce an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) to take control and streamline processes so that businesses can continue to operate efficiently amidst a greater volume of work and scale for further growth.
As a significant investment for any organisation, it is crucial that businesses find an ERP provider that can deliver against a pre-defined set of desired outcomes. Be meticulous, and challenge potential providers in the tender process to ensure you find the solution that’s right for you.
A recent blog article by ERP Cloud News discussed the key questions that businesses should be asking their providers. HSO has picked out some of the most prevalent queries we receive when first speaking to customers:
- What is the greatest opportunity to improve efficiency with ERP
- How will ERP help enhance decision making
- What return on investment can be anticipated from the proposed ERP deployment
Referencing and Vendor Quality
- Why should a business work with you as opposed to an alternative provider
- How many ERP deployments have you managed
- Do you hold any recognised ERP accreditations
- What is your average deployment time
- Who manages implementation; vendor or customer
End User Support
- Is there access to 24/7 support
- Do you provide consultation as part of the service
Scalability and Future Proofing
- How can new solution users be added
- Is the solution prepared for integration with new and emerging technologies
As Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM experts, HSO is prepared to be challenged by customers, and answer any questions they may have in the tender process. Utilising its experience of Microsoft ERP deployments, HSO supports organisations in developing business cases for future investment in ERP to the board.
If you want to hear answers to any of these questions, please feel free to email or call HSO and discover how Microsoft Dynamics AX can transform your business operations.