HSO News on Microsoft’s Spring ’18 Release
Growth across all industries will be driven in large part by applying digital technologies to more intelligently engage customers, reimagine products and services, transform operations and empower employees. This is the reason why we’re excited about Microsoft’s Spring ’18 release, which delivers significant investments designed to help you transform your business.
This release has made tremendous progress in the following areas:
- Unifying business applications across marketing, sales, service, operations, finance, talent, and retail into a comprehensive family of capabilities that spans the entire business process landscape – so you can solve specific business problems with applications that work seamlessly together.
- Ensuring you gain synergistic benefit from your other Microsoft investments by enriching Dynamics 365 with deeper integrations with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Stream, Azure, and LinkedIn.
- Advancing the platform beneath Dynamics 365 – the same platform beneath Office 365 – to combine Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Microsoft Stream, the Common Data Service for Apps, and the Common Data Service for Analytics into an unmatched palette of tools to extend, customize, and integrate Dynamics 365 and Office 365 into your environment.
Here are some highlight on what’s new in this latest release:
Dynamics 365 delivers industry-leading security measures and privacy policies to safeguard customer data when using a Microsoft Cloud Service (Azure) or running Microsoft Dynamics business applications in our customers’ data centers. The Spring ’18 release includes investments in Dynamics 365 products to address the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) adopted by the European Union (EU).
The Spring ’18 release delivers investments in user experience, performance, developer productivity, and compliance across the Customer Service Hub, Dynamics 365 Portal, Voice of the Customer (VoC), and Unified Service Desk.
Here’s what’s new in Dynamics 365 for Customer Service:
- Customer Service Hub application for case and knowledge management. Built on the Unified Interface framework, the Customer Service Hub is a focused and intuitive application for case and knowledge management on any screen size, device, or orientation.
- Dynamics 365 Portal can be used to create cloud-hosted web portals for external audiences. Dynamics 365 Portal allows search within attachments and includes improved debugging for developers.
- Unified Service Desk for consolidated communication channels on a single interface. The Spring ’18 release includes a Best practice analyzer that analyzes customizations and identifies defects to help with building and deploying efficient customizations and extensions. Customizers can also host Customer Service Hub pages and integrate business process flows within Unified Service Desk.
- Voice of the Customer enhancements for survey-creation and feedback analysis. Voice of the Customer includes cascade deletion of surveys, survey translation enhancements, the ability to dynamically insert question responses into subsequent questions, and improved analytics capabilities with the Voice of the Customer Analytics content pack for Power BI.
Finance and Operations
The Spring ‘18 release of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations delivers enhancements in system performance, servicing, reliability, and extensibility. It also offers new ways of integrating with other Dynamics 365 products and adds to our suite of business productivity tools.
Highlights from this release include:
- A shift to Microsoft-managed platform and financial reporting updates, to improve service reliability and availability and also to ensure that customers have the latest improvements and can take advantage of cloud scaling capabilities.
- Changing our approach to customization by moving from over-layering to enabling no-code extensibility. Extensions let Microsoft service Finance and Operations without disrupting customers, minimizing the impact and costs of subsequent releases. We’ve also added the ability to embed PowerApps in Finance and Operations forms pages and the ability to add custom fields without writing code.
- Data integration capability that synchronizes data using customizable projects. Standard templates can be used to create custom integration projects, where additional standard and custom fields and entities can be mapped to adjust the integration and meet specific business needs. New data integration functionality is provided between features in Finance and Operations and features in Dynamics 365 for Field Service, Dynamics 365 for Talent, and Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation.
- Lifecycle Services (LCS) tools that make it easier for customers to get support when they need it, including
- Intelligence applications that analyze customers’ business processes and data, and proactively provide insights and recommendations. These include Optimization advisor and Credit and collections.
- Enhancements to vendor collaboration and warehouse management tools, allowing customers to streamline and expedite business operations.
The Spring ’18 release encompasses the whole suite of Microsoft Solutions including Marketing & Sales, Field Service, Retail, Talent, PowerApp, Power BI and so much more. Our team at HSO implements customized solutions to align with your strategic initiatives to provide a seamless experience that integrates your processes across departments. With Microsoft’s innovative products, our IP and Managed Services, we’re there to help you for the entire lifecycle your business solutions.