How can you make your field service operations stand out? Simple. By leaving your customers wanting more.
Did you know that it costs, on average, 5x more to attract new customers to your business than it does to retain them? Based on this data, it’s in your organization’s best interest to provide a superior customer service experience.It’s a great idea in theory, but how can we put it into practice? Megan Assarrane, Senior Marketing Manager for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service, shares six ways field service teams can provide a delightful customer experience:
- Be proactive – Alerts can help you stay on top of potential customer issues so that you can reach out before they do. They might not even realize they need a particular service until you put it on their radar.
- Be prepared – Make sure technicians not only arrive to service calls with all the parts necessary, but they also anticipate other issues that may arise as a result of the reported problem. Creating a consultative relationship with the customer is more meaningful than simply taking orders.
- Simplify the process – No one likes to handle lots of paperwork. Empower field technicians to generate invoices from their mobile device and allow customers to quickly sign documents from a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Provide a better field experience – Your field techs have a unique opportunity to interface with the customer directly. The (exceptional) service they provide can be your best sales and marketing asset.
- Stay on top of data – Collect customer data and solicit customer feedback to improve efficiency and quality across the entire customer journey. Mine the data to further personalize your service; customers want to feel special.
- Send a note – No one gets mail anymore and when they do, it’s junk. Getting something worthwhile in the mail is a delight in and of itself. A quick thank you note can go a long way toward building loyalty as well. From time to time, include a just-for-you offer to create a deeper bond.
Want to learn more tips and tricks on optimizing your field service organization? View our white paper or watch a demoof our field service solutions.