Dynamics Migrations & Upgrades
HSO has over 25 years of experience working with companies like yoursDownload our brochure
Concerned about going through an upgrade? Don’t be – Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows you to upgrade and build on the value of your existing Microsoft ERP or CRM solution at a pace that suits your company. We work closely with you to decide what works best for your business.
Find the right upgrade strategy for your organisation
To find the right upgrade strategy for your organisation, it’s important to determine the reasons for the new release, the underlying needs of your business and, finally, whether or not to upgrade.
At HSO, we know how important it is to answer some key questions before you can make an informed decision. We always ask:
- What are the benefits?
- What does your organisation need and how will it impact your existing infrastructure?
- What are the consequences if you delay or skip an upgrade?
A technical migration is when all the customisations of a previous version or the system are transferred into a new version. The business and processes of the company remain the same, so this method of migration entails minimal effort from users.
- 1 on 1 migration
- Short functional fit / gap analysis
- Customs migration, unless the upgrade removes the need for said
- Minimal business change
A Business migration is often more comprehensive. Customisations made to the previous version, need to be revalidated as quite often the business needs behind these modifications can now be addressed by new features and functionality in the new version.
Business migrations entail additional investment, but this can be cost effective and outweigh the management costs of maintaining previous customisations.
- More detailed functional fit /gap analysis
- Makes maximum use of new / standard functionality available
- Customisations are in scope unless the original business need continues to exist
- Optimising business processes