5 Reasons why Click & Collect is more important than ever
Today, people expect to receive their parcels by the next day, and their shopping decisions increasingly depend on the shipping time. However, in a recent McKinsey survey, 46% abandoned a shopping card due to a shipping time that was too long or not provided. And 35% of customers did not purchase online due to long delivery times. In the current climate, retailers are experiencing a huge increase in click and collect orders from store. A Barclaycard study finds that almost nine in ten retailers (87%), say Click & Collect is their fastest growing delivery option, with 68% of customers choosing to pick up online orders in-store. 34% of retailers see in-store revenues rise once they have invested in the service.
As retailers continue to become more customer centric, they are adopting click and collect functionality models in some of the following ways:
- Customers pick up items at a third-party location such as a Post Office or dedicated shop.
- Designated stores can be selected by customers where they can pick up their items.
- Customers pickup from a centralised click & collect hub, such as an outdoor drive through.
The Click and Collect market is set to grow at a whopping 45% and to be worth almost £10bn by 2023, according to GlobalData research. As you can imagine, most retailers are planning to invest in the service. So, what are the factors behind this trend? Well, convenience obviously appears to be a driving factor. 42% of consumers are out during the day and 15% say that they are unable to receive deliveries during work time.
So, in summary, 5 key reasons why Click & Collect is more important than ever are that, retailers can:
- Increase sales and reduce refunds
- Save costs of processing refunds and re-stocking
- Increase partnerships and customer service
- Maximise the opportunity to up-sell & cross-sell
- Automatically trigger step by step transactional emails to customers and staff
Today’s retail market is changing rapidly no thanks to Covid-19. As such, serving the customer requires unprecedented agility – quickly adapting to changing customer expectations.
If you need to create a buy online, pickup instore strategy for your company. There is a “Click & Collect” app that is currently being used successfully by several large HSO retail customers.