Financial Services Success Story:
The BTG Pactual Timberland Investment Group
The BTG Pactual Timberland Investment Group (TIG) is a multinational investment bank manages forested trees as an investment vehicle for retirement and pension plans. The firm has $3B AUM and 1.7M acres under management.
TIG needed to optimize for a global environment with complex entity relationships (50+ legal entities, each with unique budget/reporting requirements), and growth. A global, multi-tenant, distributed identity management solution, built with Azure with Active Directory Federated Services and Azure SQL databases to support multiple websites on Azure App Services, enabled workloads to be shifted out of existing data centers to Azure to take advantage of dynamic computing power for forest mapping software.
What was the outcome?
- Accounting system optimized for a global environment with complex entity relationships
- Visibility across all funds and individual legal entities
- Fully automated financial consolidation process
- Full integration with key business applications
- Positioned to seize opportunities that will support and enable growth & scale
The solution also provided an automated, fast, precise process for complex consolidations with independent, distributed entities. With cost-effective scalability, the system grows with demand, and newly acquired entities are simply “plugged in,” eliminating big IT integrations. Visibility across all funds and individual legal entities has empowered the firm to execute larger acquisitions through elastic compute for investment projections.